Irregular Expressions

It looks like there are two types of posts here: links to things I find funny, and updates on my personal life. If you're looking for something more substantial, look elsewhere - like here :)

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Procrastination

So last week was spring break. When people asked me what I was going to do for spring break, I'd proudly announce "I'm going to finish my thesis". Hm, well...
I "worked" on my thesis for about three days - you know the deal, three hours of surfing the web, then it's lunchtime, then you print out the thesis and read the first page, then you go for a walk... I did get a little bit done, but I do have to finish very soon.
On Tuesday night I went to New York, got there at like 4am. There I spent another few days ruminating over my thesis and then ruminating over my lab. All in all, I got a little bit of work done, but didn't really have any vacation-ish experiences.
But that's all right - maybe a few days of sitting on my butt and doing nothing were just what I needed. I had a wonderful long weekend with Vishy, we walked around Brooklyn and went to the Indian temple on Saturday, and when I came back, on Monday I did 8 hours of straight work on my lab. That's actually really rare for me these days. I'm procrastinating a bit right now, but I think I'll get a decent amount of work done between now and the evening. Maybe I'm finally getting back into work mode... I hope so. I haven't been able to get much work done for a very long time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home