Irregular Expressions

It looks like there are two types of posts here: links to things I find funny, and updates on my personal life. If you're looking for something more substantial, look elsewhere - like here :)

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Not a treasurer any more!

Today we had the election meeting for the Ballrom Dance Team, an organization for which I've been the treasurer for the past year. I'm rather happy to shed this responsibility, although I must say I've enjoyed it a lot, too. It was my first time being involved in any sort of student group, the first time I had a large influence on a big organization. I finally see what they mean by this "leadership" thing - it is a bit of a bullshit buzzword, but there definitely is a difference between just doing your job, and between inspiring people to actually become more dedicated to the organization (although I can't claim I quite achieved the latter). I'm quite happy with the composition of the new exec and I know the team is in good hands. Goodbye MITBDT, I'll see you in a year when I come back for the MIT Open competition!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home