Irregular Expressions

It looks like there are two types of posts here: links to things I find funny, and updates on my personal life. If you're looking for something more substantial, look elsewhere - like here :)

Sunday, August 07, 2005

Profile changed

Okay, so as step no. 1 towards updating my blog, I have updated my profile. I added a bit to the laundry list of my favourite music, and changed my locatin to New York.

The last time I wrote something here was when I graduated. Well, since then a lot has happened, presented here in an easy-to-digest, bulleted laundry list.

- The move to New York. This involved me, Andreea (my new rommate), and Sisi (who lived a few floors down from us) renting a Budget truck, loading it with all our stuff, and me driving the truck to New York. That was quite an experience - I actually managet to parallel park the thing several times, and make a u-turn in a two-lane road!

- The trip to Hawaii - this was a beautiful long weekend on Oahu, right in Waikiki. We rented a car for the last two days and drove around the island. The highlight was Waimeia Bay, a beautiful beach on the north shore, and another beach nearby where there were one-meter-long turtles swimming around and sunbathing!

- The trip to the west of the US and national parks - This was THE trip, a three-week long vacation with my mum, dad and Klara, my sister. The route: San Francisco -> Yosemite NP -> Death Valley -> Las Vegas -> Grand Canyon -> Bryce Canyon -> Yellowstone Park -> back to SF. That's only the highlights, there was a ton more that we saw. I might post a diary at some point, unfortunately it's in Czech so I'll see if I ever get around to translating it.

- The first day of work! This was actually fun - a tour of the facilities, a bunch of HR forms to fill out (actually not too many), a bit of indoctrination and legalese, and off we went to our desks. I've been learning about the programming environment and C++ all of my first week, and I think I need at least one more week to get reasonably comfortable.

We sublet the apartment for the summer, but next week I should be finally moving in.

I've also been thinking what I want to do with this blog. I realized I'm no great writer, and don't feel like spending time posting well-written, thought-out pieces (except occasionally, when inspiration strikes). What I would like to start doing, though, is posting photos with some comments. Doing that from my current homepage is a pain, because I first would have to download the images onto my MIT athena account; however, that's expiring pretty soon, so then I'd have to find a different solution. I probably don't want to run my own server or write my own html pages, so I'm going to look around for an photo posting service. Any recommendations?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home